- 1 ripe banana mashed
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup nonfat milk (I used whole b/c that’s what I had)
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- a pinch of salt (which I forgot and just remembered, but I think they still came out fine)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (set aside)
- 3 cups instant oats (set aside)
- Combine all of the ingredients ‘cept the ‘nilla and oats in a medium-to-small saucepan. My first medium pan was too big. Bring to a boil and stir often.
- Let mixture boil for one minute. Remove pan from heat and let cool for one minute.
- Add vanilla extract and oats and stir. It should get thick. If it’s liquidy after adding oats, something went wrong.
- Drop by teaspoon onto wax paper and cool to room temperature.
If you want to make this a vegan recipe, you can just change milk to coconut or almond milk and use organic ingredients.